Raised Storage Areas
If space is at a premium, raised floor storage is an innovative product that will solve all of your storage woes.
Colby’s Raised Storage Areas are cost-effective mezzanine solutions that can double the usable floor area in your factory or distribution centre. Safe and secure, raised floor storage will give you access to an overhead work area without interrupting ground-level workflow.
White Paper: Making the most of your DC with a Raised Storage Solution
Having the right storage solution can not only maximise the footprint and storage capabilities of your DC, it can also deliver greater productivity and avoid major relocation costs if the perception is that you’ve outgrown your current facility.
But how can you economically get more out of your available DC space? Our white paper, Raising Storage Expectations, explores how raised floors may be the answer. Read more >
The Benefits of Colby’s Raised Floor Storage
Our Raised Storage Areas meet the highest design standards, and can be easily integrated with stairs, handrails, conveyors, pallet gates, and a host of other lifting and loading devices.
Colby’s Raised Storage Areas have been developed as a cost-effective way to expand your workable area. We can even design low-cost, medium-duty floors using standard racking components.
However, raised floor storage is still a viable option for heavy-duty applications, as we will combine structural columns with ColbyRACK beam sections, which will provide the necessary floor space and load carrying capability.
Our raised storage systems are designed to increase the capacity of your existing facility, which can save you the hassle of moving to a bigger location.
The Features of Colby’s Raised Floor Storage Areas
- Virtually unlimited options to utilise valuable overhead space in your warehouse
- Seamless integration with Colby shelving and racking systems, Carton-Live Storage, and Heavy-duty shelving
- Stairs, treads, barriers, handrails, and safety signage
- Fire protection equipment such as sprinklers,smoke curtains, and electrical wiring, can be mounted conveniently under the floor. In heavy-duty applications, sprinkler pipes and electrical wiring are easily mounted into the Sigma profile section
- Can be delivered in a range of different decking materials such as plywood, particleboard or steel grating
- Colby’s patented Sigma profiles provide more column-free space and greater load capacity
- Down aisle bracing may be required to give the floor structural stability
- Can be easily moved or modified at a later date to accommodate changing requirements
Designed by leading Dematic’s leading Australian structural engineers, all ColbyRACK products are designed to ensure safety, integrity, and compliance, meeting rigorous international structural standards – and exceed Australian standards
Our range of uprights, beams, frames, and connectors are made from guaranteed, high-quality, high-tensile steel. Smart section design including strengthening ribs and reinforcing flanges ensure outstanding safety.
Colby invests continuously in product development for reliable racking components. Better products ensure years of outstanding performance.
From planning and design, right through maintenance and support, Colby can provide the services you need to get the most out of your storage investment.